Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the Interconnect Product Manager (IPM) is passionate about identifying, developing and delivering aerospace & defense interconnect products that customers love. The IPM is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, establishing product pricing, and working closely with engineering, sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. By developing positive, supportive, and collaborative relationships throughout the organization, the IPM is an influential, motivational, ‘can-do’ leader who drives substantial top-line results.
- Define product portfolio strategies and roadmaps.
- Manage the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by competitive benchmarking, voice of customer (VoC) initiatives, and on-going customer visits.
- Provide a business case justification for new product initiatives.
- Work with the Sales team in developing sales/demand forecasts for given product lines.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Act as a product evangelist to build internal awareness and understanding.
- Address customer issues and concerns in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Obtain, analyze and communicate information relevant to PIC’s markets and competitors to assist in accurate and confident identification of market & product opportunities, growth strategies, and market development metrics.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Lead cross-functional activities associated with all new product development from concept through release, including developing project plans, tracking projects, pro-actively identifying & resolving risks/issues, and reporting status.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples. Work closely with engineering teams to deliver quick pre-production solutions.
- Support the marketing team in developing sales and marketing strategies, marketing collaterals, advertising materials, marketing campaigns, tradeshows, and other promotional activities. Monitor promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Establish, maintain and ensure compliance with quality processes & tools in support of ISO/AS/ITAR requirements.
- Effectively engage with third parties in various functions, including contract development.
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business
- Required: 5 years in sales, marketing, or product management in the aerospace and defense industry
- Required: 5 years working with interconnect products for the aerospace and defense industry
- Required: 2 years in a Product Specialist or Product Management position
- Desired: MBA or business training
- Desired: Project Management training and/or certification
Skills & Capabilities
- Alignment with Angelus Values: Customers, Communication, Commitment, Doing The Right Thing
- Alignment with Angelus Core Competencies: Continuous Improvement, Personal Development
- Ability to think & participate strategically and drive results via personal hands-on tactical problem solving & execution
- Leadership: Drives results with others by communicating an inspiring vision, creating enthusiasm for shared commitments, providing constructive feedback, resolving difficult issues with poise, understanding & tact, and recognizing accomplishments. Consistent with Servant Leadership principles.
- Location: This position will be located at The Angelus Corporation’s facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Travel: This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (20%).
- Dress Code: This is an office work environment – Dress codes apply
- Work Environment: Office environment with a typical low noise level.
- Language: Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- FLSA Status: Exempt