Reporting directly to the Global Sales & Marketing Director, the Sales Application Engineering (SAE) Manager will drive profitable long-term growth by personally managing opportunities and by developing and leading SAE team members. To increase the percentage and value of opportunity wins, the SAE Manager will enhance opportunity management processes, create business cases rooted in “Voice of Customer” activities, improve daily quoting activities, recommend changes based on win/loss analysis, and improve the technical competency of the entire sales team via training and tools. Additionally, the SAE Manager will be responsible for making improvements to the CRM system to ensure accuracy, increase visibility to major opportunities, ensure action items are executed, introduce better integration of leads generated by marketing activities, and ensure the CRM system is an effective collaboration mechanism for all members of the sales team. As a member of the Sales Leadership Team, the SAE Manager will be involved in real-time business management. The SAE Manager is a technical, self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing, collaborative, and well-organized person.
- Create, communicate, and champion the SAE team’s strategy and objectives to drive profitable growth.
- Develop an effective and sustainable team via hiring, training, coaching / mentoring, compensation and providing on-the-job development opportunities.
- Generate sales performance measurements (Key Performance Indicators) and associated reports to provide objective progress feedback and identify improvement initiatives.
- Identify, document, update, and execute opportunities with a focus on quantifiable “wins”.
- Leverage and improve opportunity prioritization tools to sufficiently manage urgent and important opportunities.
- Utilize technical capabilities to solve complex interconnect challenges for customers, ultimately earning business.
- Work directly with System OEMs and the Angelus engineering group to generate part-number configurators and system schematics to encourage the use of Angelus components on new systems.
- Support opportunities by developing inventory, contractual, and lead-time proposals that enable increased sales.
- Drive the sample process to obtain product qualification at key customers.
- Acquire and analyze “Voice of Customer” information to formulate business cases that drive product development.
- Ensure the CRM system accurately reflects customer and account statuses, interactions, and opportunities.
- Leverage and improve the CRM tool to develop reports and ensure the Sales Team is aligned on activities.
- Support daily quoting activities and introduce improvements for the assembly quoting process.
- Increase the technical capabilities of the Sales Team via training and tools that consider long-term retention.
- Foster strong relationships with all Angelus departments to ensure collaboration and increase effectiveness.
- Acquire market knowledge and competitive intelligence through customer communication and industry research.
- Establish, maintain and ensure compliance with quality processes & tools to support ISO/AS/ITAR requirements.
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Required: 5+ years of technical sales experience
- Required: 3+ years of experience managing projects directly with aerospace and defense companies
- Required: 3+ years of directly managing internal/external personnel
- Required: Familiarity with cable technology, aircraft systems, and the Aerospace & Defense market
- Required: Demonstrated ability to effectively improve a customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to effectively apply a disciplined sales process
- Preferred: Business management training/degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Formal Project Management training
Skills & Capabilities
- Alignment with Angelus Values
- Alignment with Angelus Core Competencies
- Attributes: Enjoys people, pro-active & persistent, hunger for knowledge, passion to win, optimistic
- Demonstrated maturity to effectively self-manage activities to achieve assigned objectives
- Servant Leadership Style: Transparency, teamwork, humility, discipline, alignment, employee development
- Ability to think & participate strategically and drive results via personal hands-on tactical execution
- Location: This position is based at our headquarters in Waukesha, WI.
- Travel: Infrequent; less than 20% travel is anticipated
- Management Responsibility: 1 to 3 total direct & indirect reports
- Language: Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills are required
- Physical: Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Dress Code: This is an office work environment – Dress codes apply
- FLSA Status: Exempt