Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Sr. Design Engineer is responsible for developing new products and providing released product support. The Sr. Design Engineer helps lead and manage all phases of technical projects. They oversee the product concepts, designs, and early prototypes. They actively seek and implement voice-of-customer feedback at all stages of the product design. They help create and maintain project schedules and product cost estimates. They establish and execute the product qualification plan. The Sr. Design Engineer provides customer-focused released product support as assigned. The Sr. Design Engineer is a self-motivated, enthusiastic, collaborative, and well-organized person.
- Work with and support the Sales/Marketing/Customer Service Teams with new customer requirements and technical questions of new and existing products.
- Lead in the design of RF, Databus, Ethernet type cables using Mil specs such as MIL-PRF-17, ASTM and ARINC standards, applicable aerospace standards and customer requirements.
- Lead in the design of connectors for the aforementioned cable types using Mil specs such as MIL-PRF-39012, ASTM and ARINC standards, as applicable.
- Terminate and test RF, Databus, Ethernet type cables and assemblies using the appropriate test equipment to evaluate the performance and design of new and existing products.
- Work with Engineering Team and Production/Assembly department to provide support for design and testing issues.
- Assist with RMA’s/troubleshooting/testing to identify root cause analysis using test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer, Fluke meter or other electrical test equipment.
- Create cable assembly drawing’s using CREO (Pro-E) or a similar CAD program for use in the assembly department.
- Create project schedules and manage engineering projects ensuring completion of high-quality products, on schedule, and within project and product cost targets.
- Ensure compliance with all company processes and procedures, including AS9100.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years or relevant experience with RF, Databus & Ethernet cable technology/design, interconnect solutions, aircraft systems/applications, and the Aerospace & Defense market.
- Highly capable of using test equipment & tools such as multimeters, calipers, soldering iron, stripping machines, etc.
- Proficient in using CREO (ProE)
- Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Capable of setting aggressive goals, establish supporting plans, and successfully execute plans to achieve goals.
Skills & Capabilities
- Alignment with Angelus Values: Customers, Communication, Commitment, Doing The Right Thing
- Alignment with Angelus Core Competencies: Continuous Improvement, Personal Development
- Location: This position will be located at The Angelus Corporation’s facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Travel: Ability to travel 5 to 10% domestically
- Dress Code: This is an office work environment – Dress codes apply
- Work Environment: Office environment with a typical low noise level.
- Equipment Used: Personal computer, copier, multimeters, calipers, soldering iron, and stripping machines.
- Management Responsibility: This position has no supervisory or management responsibilities.
- Language: Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.