Reporting directly to the Technical Sales Manager, the Senior Technical Sales Engineer is an outside technical sales role that is a critical part of the corporation’s growth strategy. As a member of the Growth Team, the Senior Technical Sales Engineer is tasked with identifying opportunities for both new and existing customers. The Sr. Technical Sales Engineer will effectively and convincingly present the Angelus value proposition and product offering to senior management, purchasing, and engineering personnel. The Sr. Technical Sales Engineer will develop a customer visit strategy, aggressively implement the strategy, and ultimately turn customer visits into opportunities. The Sr. Technical Sales Engineer will also develop Strategic Account Plans and extract “Voice of Customer” input. The Sr. Technical Sales Engineer is a self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing, collaborative, and technically competent person.
- Develop a quarterly customer list to visit, evaluate, and drive sales opportunities.
- Develop Strategic Account Plans for customers and present actionable goals to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Visit assigned customers, cold call potential customers, and follow up on qualified leads.
- Proactively provide Pre- and Post-Sales visit reports based on Action Selling principles and structure.
- Generate and document sales forecasts for assigned customers.
- Pro-actively work with the internal Execution Team and the customer to successfully close opportunities.
- Acquire and analyze “Voice of Customer” information and share these inputs internally.
- Proactively identify customers whose business is ‘at risk’ and execute actions to ensure customer retention.
- Acquire competitive intelligence through sales calls and industry knowledge.
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience/knowledge
- Required: 7+ years of technical outside sales experience
- Required: Existing relationships and sales experience within the commercial or business aviation industry
- Required: Familiarity with cable technology, aircraft systems, and the Aerospace & Defense market
- Preferred: Formal sales and customer relationship management training
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to effectively apply a disciplined sales process
- Preferred: Experience working at a small business
Skills & Capabilities
- Alignment with Angelus Values
- Alignment with Angelus Core Competencies
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing, well organized and autonomous
- Sales Growth attributes: Enjoys people, pro-active & persistent, hunger for knowledge, passion to win, optimistic
- Demonstrated maturity to effectively self-manage activities to achieve assigned objectives
- Location: This position will ideally be in Waukesha, WI, but can be located remotely in the United States.
- Travel: Greater than 70% travel is anticipated
- Dress Code: This is an office work environment – Dress codes apply
- Management Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Language: Strong, professional English verbal & written communication skills are required
- Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- FLSA Status: Exempt